When setting up the billing accounts for your clients, you might need to set Return Labels for them.
This setup applies to that specific billing account and client, so if other clients need the same setup for those billing accounts, you will have to set them up for each case.
NOTE: The last steps of this guide will vary depending on the Carrier. NOTE: DHL Global Mail V2 does not support return labels, and V4 supports them, but doesn't provide rates.
The requirement to print return labels is typically one of two:
- A return label needs to be printed on-demand (exclusive to techSHIP Plus/Enterprise)
- Every order printed needs a return label printed as well
This article covers both of them separately.
PRINTING RETURN LABELS ON DEMAND
When an item needs to be returned, it could be necessary to provide a return label to that specific consignee and for a specific order. The steps below describe the process to do so.
NOTE: This feature is supported on techSHIP Plus and Enterprise portals. The user generating the labels must have been provided specific permissions to do so by the Portal Administrator as described in How to create a user and assign permissions (General) [Step-by-Step guide] and the correspondent sub-article depending on the techSHIP package.
1. Select Orders History from the Orders dropdown
2. Select/fill up the filters that apply to the case to find the order and press the magnifying glass
- Status (Unprocessed, OK, Error, Processing, Cancelling, Failing, Warning, Estimating, or All)
- Pick Order #
- Tracking #
- Manifest #
3. Press the Create Return button
4. Select the Carrier and Service Code for the return
techSHIP will generate a new batch for the returned order.
5. Process and Print the new batch
SETTING UP RETURN LABELS FOR ALL ORDERS
There are scenarios where it is necessary a return label for EVERY shipment processed.
Review the video and instructions below.
- Access Clients under the Maintenance dropdown
- Click on the Client for which you wish to set up the return labels
- Edit the Billing Account (Carrier) to which you wish to set up the return labels
- Select the Carrier Options tab
Check the Return Labels checkbox (if not supported by the carrier it won't be shown)
- (Required and different for some carriers) Fill up the additional fields required by the carrier
- Press Save to commit the changes