Shipping orders to APO, FPO or DPO locations has special requirements compared to regular orders.
The complexity of shipping these types of orders comes because of the different interpretation of the cases depending on the Carriers.
While some of them consider APO, FPO or DPO locations as local shipments, others handle them as international.
Having established that base, here are the key points to be considered when shipping APO, FPO or DPO orders:
1. The City Name should be set to APO, FPO or DPO as it applies to the case
2. If you need to specify the city name, you can use the Address 2 or 3 line
3. APO orders require the CN22 form (customs form) so information about what is shipped required (i.e. SKU, Quantity, Price, Country of Origin, Description, and, optionally, Harmonized Code (optional for CN22))
4. Indicate the Reason for Export in from the dropdown on the Billing Account on the Client level
5. Indicate Non Delivery Handling as Return or Abandon