When setting up your Clients in techShip, you will have to configure Billing Accounts to ship through them. These use a Baseline Account as a foundation, but their way to work could be different based on the Client's needs.
When setting Billing Accounts, you will be able to specify how it should work for that specific client, setting label references, packing slips usage, rate shopping, markups, WMS information updating and Carrier options such as the default service level, address validation, sender and return addresses, etc.
This article describes the procedure to set up a Consignor billing account, while others are specifically written for other Carriers.
Feel free to follow the step-by-step guide written below or the video guide, as you prefer:
To set up a Consignor billing account, define the following and then Save:
ADD THE ACCOUNT TO THE CLIENT PROFILE
1. Access Clients under the Maintenance menu
2. Click on the Client for which you wish to set up the billing account
3. Press Add Billing Account
4. Select the source account which will be used and Save
5. Edit the Billing account
SET UP THE GENERAL OPTIONS
The General Options tab is the same for every carrier. If you are already acquainted with it from previous setups, please configure it accordingly.
If this is your first time setup or you aren't acquainted to it, refer to the following article and once finished, return to this one to set up the carrier specific options:
How to configure the Billing Account General Options tab [Step-by-Step guide]
SET UP THE CARRIER OPTIONS
The Carrier Options tab allows to set up basic and advanced features of your Consignor billing account.
These are the key elements:
A) Default Service Code: Choose a service code to assign to imported orders which don’t have a service code or keep it if they have.
B) Contact Phone & E-mail: Specify the contact phone number and e-mail associated with this billing account and its handling.
C) Default Package Description: Describe the default package description you will declare to the carrier
D) Package Type: Select the package type you will use from the dropdown
E) Currency codes: Select the currency codes to be used for insurance, COD and commercial invoice.
OPTIONAL (for Direct Link and International shipping)
- Sender account at Direct Link: Specify the Direct Link account number
- Return PO Box: PO Box number used for returns
- Reason for Export: Select a reason for export to declare to the carrier from the dropdown
- CN23 Label: If checked, it prints the CN23 label together with the shipping label
- Terms of Trade: Leave as [Not Set] if you will not pay for duties or DDP if you are
- Non delivery handling: Specify the action the carrier should take if the package cannot be delivered from the dropdown
Press Save to apply the changes. If the information is valid, you'll be able to process orders through it.
SPECIFYING RATE SHOPPING SERVICE CODES (OPTIONAL)
If you are Rate Shopping with this account, you might want to specify which services you want be taken into consideration or excluded. Read this article to set up your inclusion/exclusion list.