When processing an order, you might come across the “Address validation failed - address invalid. Candidate Addresses:” error, followed by a suggested address.
This occurs when there are errors in the address, but sometimes the validation might give false positives for very simple details.
There are three ways you might want to take to solve this issue:
- Lower the address validation detection level
- Edit the order with the suggested address information
- Skip address validation for this specific order
If you opt for lowering the detection level, please refer to the How to change the Address Validation detection level article.
If you choose to edit the order with the suggested address, please refer to the How to edit an order’s information article.
NOTE: For this second case, copy and paste the address suggested in the error message and use it to modify the Ship to information of your order.
If you choose to skip the address validation for that specific order, follow the instructions below.
Feel free to follow this video guide, or the step-by-step procedure below.
To do so:
- Edit the order related to the error
- Select the Carrier Options tab
- Check Skip Address Validation
- Press Save to commit the changes
After doing so, if the rest of the information is complete, you will be able to Process or Process & Print the order.