When importing orders, you might come across the "Failed to import order XXXX for client XXXX. Order Not packed. Please pack order in 3PL" error.
This error happens when you're trying to import orders that have not been packed in 3PL and you are importing your cartons in Default mode for the related Client.
To solve this you have two options:
1. If you want to keep the information exactly as it's coming from your WMS: *Pack the order in your WMS as the error states and import again.
WARNING: Make sure that the order is Open. Closed or completed orders cannot be imported.
2. If you want techShip to repack your order (repacks everything into one box): Change the Carton import mode for that client to Merge mode, as described here.
While the Default mode imports the carton information exactly how it is in the WMS (yet requiring you to pack the order), Merge mode repacks everything in one box within techShip (without the need of packing it previously).
* PACKING THE ORDER IN 3PL CENTRAL
If you haven't packed your order in 3PL Central, you will have to:
A) Right click on the order to pack
B) Select Manage
C) Opt to Recalculate Packages or Consolidate Packages
- Recalculate Packages: Pulls the package setup from items and packs according to this setup
- Consolidate Packages: Packs 1 order into 1 package
D) Make sure the order's status is Open