When setting up your Client profiles, you might face the scenario of having to add or manage a billing account through which you will process orders, but that will need to behave differently depending on the case. Setting a Billing Account profile as Default implies forcing techShip to use that specific account as the priority over others of the same carrier.
Such scenarios might include (but are not limited to) a billing account having to:
- Be used for several retailers (as Routing Groups)
- Having different Package Types for specific services (e.g. FedEx One Rate) which are not automatically mapped (not using Package Type Mappings)
- Behave differently in terms of configuration and order management details (signature, hazardous materials, address validation, etc).
These are usually seen like this within the Client section:
The priorities, meaning the order in which techShip will choose the account to use, is the following:
1st -> Routing group (if enabled in the Client main screen)
2nd -> Attempt to match by account number (supported for some WMS only)
3rd -> Account set as Default
Feel free to follow the step-by-step guide written below or the video guide, as you prefer:
To solve this issue you will have to:
- Access Clients under the Maintenance menu
- Click on the client related to the order
- Edit the Billing Account (Carrier) related to the order and error
- Check the Default checkbox in the General tab
- Press Save to apply the changes
If the rest of the order information is correct, you will be able to Process or Process and Print.