When processing orders you might come across the "VALIDATION_ERROR:packagedetails:Weight must be less than or equal to X lbs" error.
This error is shown when the packages' weight within the order is too heavy for the service you have chosen to process it through.
You can solve this in several ways:
- Use a different service code as detailed here: 06 - How to change an order’s Service Level - [Step-by-Step guide]
- Change the order's contents as detailed below.
Feel free to follow the step-by-step guide written below or the video guide, as you prefer:
NOTE: Make sure your order is not processed to be able to edit it. If it’s already processed, you will have to void it first.
To do so:
1. Find the order through any of the possible ways (after Import Orders, Batches, Order History, etc) as it applies to the case
2. Click the edit button of the order you wish to change
3. Select the Packaging tab
4. Correct the contents of your order to comply with the weight restriction (deleting or editing contents)
5. Press Save to apply the changes
Once done, if all the order information is correct, you’ll be able to Process or Process & Print it.