When processing an order, you might run into the "Hard 9120084 - A payer is required when specifying a shipment charge" error.
This error relates to either:
- A misconfiguration of the Billing Account of the Client, where you have defined a Receiver AND a 3rd Party main account number at the same time (contradictory setup)
- A similar issue as detailed above but set up for Return Labels.
Feel free to follow the step-by-step guide written below or the video guide, as you prefer:
To solve this issue you will have to:
- Access Clients under the Maintenance menu
- Click on the client related to the order
- Edit the Billing Account (Carrier) related to the order and error
- Select the Carrier Options tab
- Delete the account number from the mode you will not use (Receiver or 3rd Party Billing - Receiver is the UPS account of a consignee company, while 3rd Party billing is an account which you are authorized to bill through your own Shipper account), you must keep one but not both
- Press Save to apply the changes
If the rest of the order information is correct, you will be able to Process or Process and Print.