How to use Client Templates (BETA) [Step-by-Step guide]
Created by: Gabriel Zang
Modified on: Mon, 14 Dec, 2020 at 11:08 AM
If you have many client profiles which use the same or very similar carrier account settings, you can set up and associate templates, which you can use when you create new clients, or to update current ones according to the template setup.
As you would typically do under a client profile, you can add and set up billing accounts, as well as predefined boxes.
There are two ways to handle synchronization:
Individually, by client
Massively update all the bound Clients to a Template
NOTE: This feature is in BETA stage. If you'd like to sign up and begin using it in your techShip portal, please reach your Techdinamics representative.
Feel free to follow the step-by-step guide written below or the video guide, as you prefer:
To use Client Templates you will have to go through the following steps and phases:
PHASE 1 - TEMPLATE CREATION
1. Access Clients under the Maintenance menu
2. Click on the Client/Template switch to switch to the Template View
3. Press the Add button
4. Define a Name and Code for the Template
5. Create as many elements under the template as required, and as indicated below:
1. Click on the Client/Template switch to switch to the Client View
2. Click on the Client you would like to assign the Template to
3. Select the Template from the Template dropdown (if not visible, refresh the page)
4. Press Save to apply the changes
5. Repeat this step with all the Client profiles you wish to associate with the Template
PHASE 3 - SYNCHRONIZATION
WARNING: When you synchronize your client with the template, you will lose any customizations you have done in the accounts on the client level. All the previous information is overwritten, including adding, removing or modifying accounts, parameters or boxes.
Once you have added your Templates and assigned them to your Clients, you have two different ways to synchronize them:
INDIVIDUAL SYNCHRONIZATION (CLIENT BY CLIENT)
1. Click the Sync with Template button in the Clients view
2. Confirm the action
MASS SYNCHRONIZATION (ALL ASSOCIATED CLIENTS AT ONCE)
1. Click on the Client/Template switch to switch to the Template View