When processing an order you might come across the "340015 The declared value is missing" error.
This error is shown when either:
- The customs value has not been declared or calculated on the order/line level
- The incorrect Service Level has been selected, and the shipment is being detected as international, thus requesting required information for customs, when it should be domestic
WARNING: Before moving forward to the proposed solution, make sure the Service Level you have selected is the correct one from the origin to the destination, and try again.
To do so, follow the instructions here: 06 - How to change an order’s Service Level - [Step-by-Step guide]
Feel free to follow the step-by-step guides depending on the case.
From this point on, if the shipment is international, you'd like to make sure that:
- Your WMS is properly passing the Declared Values into techSHIP
- OR, that you have OMR Rules in place to autocalculate the declared value based on the item prices
After doing so, if not solved, follow the steps below:
1. Find the order through any of the possible ways (after Import Orders, Batches, Order History, etc) as it applies to the case
2. Click the edit button of the order you wish to change
3. Select the Packaging tab
4. Make the necessary changes in the order, entering a valid Unit Price for each SKU without it
5. Press Save to apply the changes
If the rest of the order's information is correct, you will be able to process it.