Hard 121212 - The requested package type is not allowed in a shipment from the origin to the destination [Solution]
Created by: Gustavo Branas
Modified on: Mon, 4 Sep, 2023 at 4:05 PM
When processing UPS orders, you might come across the "Hard 121212 - The requested package type is not allowed in a shipment from the origin to the destination" error.
This error is shown when the type of package selected for the order in question is not allowed to be used from the origin to the destination.
WARNING: This solution will affect every order processed through the account; switching the Packaging type will apply that same Packaging for every order, be specifically attentive to cases using or applying for Flat Rates, since the solution might have orders disqualify to apply for them.
Feel free to follow the step-by-step guide written below or the video guide, as you prefer:
To solve this issue you will have to:
1. Access Clients under the Maintenance menu
2. Click on the client related to the order
3. Edit the Billing Account (Carrier) related to the order and error
4. Select the Carrier Options tab
5. Select a different, qualifiable packaging type from the Packaging dropdown (the most generic option is Customer Supply Package, but this option will not provide rates according to Flat Rates if you intend to use them)