When processing orders via UPS, you might come across the "Hard 128246 - Missing or Invalid CN22 Other Description in the CN22 form" error.
This issue is related to generating the CN22 form, which depends on the Default Package Description. If this value is empty, the form cannot be generated.
NOTE: There could be other issues associated with the CN22 generation; if so, address them separately after applying the steps from this solution article.
Feel free to follow the step-by-step guide written below or the video guide, as you prefer:
To solve this issue you will have to:
1. Access Clients under the Maintenance menu
2. Click on the client related to the order
3. Edit the Billing Account (Carrier) related to the order and error
4. Select the Carrier Options tab
5. Complete the Default Package Description field with the general description of the goods being shipped (e.g. Cosmetics, Clothing, Goods, etc.)
6. Press Save to apply the changes