How to Copy/Clone a Client from Portal to Portal [Step-by-Step guide]
Created by: Gabriel Zang
Modified on: Mon, 29 Jan, 2024 at 1:39 PM
When setting up Clientsacross more than one Portal, you might have redundant configurations you might need to set up.
This article explains how to copy/cloneClient accounts, together with their Billing Account information from one Portal to another.
NOTE: The target Client requires the Carrier and Baseline accounts to be created in the target Portalbefore copying/cloning. If there are any missing matches, you will see error messages indicating which elements are missing, until all are properly set up.
The following examples clarify that:
- Target Portal A will cause issues when copying the Client, because it's lacking Account B for Carrier B, and Carrier C as a whole
- Target Portal B is clone ready, since the Carriers and Accounts fully match with the Original Portal
Feel free to follow the step-by-step guide written below or the video guide, as you prefer:
To do so you will have to:
1) Access Maintenance and selectClients
2) Click the Client you wish to Copy/Clone
3) Click the Copy button
4) Target the Portal towhere you want to copy the Client
5) Press Save to begin the process
WARNING: As detailed in the pop-up, if you have Items configured in the Client, these will not be automatically cloned, you will need to export the items from the Original Client, and import at them at the target Portal and Client.